With the new year in full swing it’s time to start planning for the next holiday party! Valentine’s Day is only a month and four days away. Haven’t given it any thought? Now worries – we are here to help! The Sweet of the Week features our Cinnamon Jelly Hearts. They are a #1 best seller- just try one and you’ll see why! This week we went with a great tasting cupcake with some spice. Using Cinnamon Jelly Hearts as a decoration, we can guarantee: you’re Valentine’s Day is gonna be hot!
•1/2 cup Butter
•1 cup sugar
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•2 cups flour
•1 cup buttermilk
•1 teaspoon cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoon allspice
•1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar, beating with a large spoon or whisk.
- When the mixture is light and creamy, add the egg yolk which has been beaten until it is a light lemon color. Sift the flour, soda and spices together and add them alternately with the milk. Then fold in the stiffly beaten egg white.
- Bake in a greased muffin pan or a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners for twenty minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of a cup cake comes out nearly (not quite) clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 10 tbsp. softened butter
- 4 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Beat 16 oz. cold cream cheese (not rock solid, but it means you can use it straight out of the refrigerator) with 10 Tbsp. softened butter and 4 tsp. vanilla until combined.
- Gradually add 4 c. powdered sugar that has been sifted after measuring. Continue to add more sifted powdered sugar until you reach a consistency and sweetness that fits your taste.
Our last steps are all about decorating:
- Piping Bag
- Round Piping tool
- 5 Cinnamon Jelly Hearts per cupcake
- 1 Pink gumdrop per cupcake
- Let cakes cool completely before icing
- Choose whether you’d like to use a piping bag or just a spoon (we tried both and this time the spoon worked better)
- Ice the cakes generously
- Place hearts on cupcake in a flower shape leaving room in the middle
- Place gumdrop in middle of each flower
- Let cupcakes set and they are ready to serve
Cate, our marketing coordinator, couldn’t get enough of these cupcakes!
If you are outside our Kansas City market make sure to check out our website. Below is a link to the Valentines section so you can find the Cinnamon Jelly Hearts!
Have a Sweet Day everyone!