- 2 1/2 cups bleached or unbleached all-purpose flour; spoon into dry measuring cup and level to top
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter; can be cold from refrigerator
- 2/3 cup granulated or vanilla scented sugar
- 3 large egg yolks; can be cold from refrigerator
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 8 oz. melted chocolate
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In bowl, combine flour and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until combined. Do not chill. Fill cookie press with dough and with desired disks, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet on cooling rack. Remove from sheet; cool completely.
Double boil chocolate chips until smooth and melty. Tip pot to one side and dip cookies in diagonally
Place cookie in chopped pistachios
Set them on a parchment paper covered rack to harden in the refrigerator
Enjoy your hard work (:
You can find pistachios at http://www.bittermancandy.com/Pistachios_1lb_At_Bittermancandy_com_p/100450-1.htm