• 6 cups popped corn
• 2 cups light corn syrup
• 1 T. cider vinegar
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• ¾ cup Green Apple Jelly Belly jelly beans (GREEN)
• ¾ cup Very Cherry, Cinnamon or Red Apple Jelly Belly jelly beans (RED)
1. After popping the popcorn, put it in a large greased bowl and keep it warm in a 250˚ F. oven.
2. Oil a large fork and set aside.
3. In a heavy saucepan combine the corn syrup, vinegar, and salt.
4. On medium heat, and stirring occasionally cook until the syrup reaches the hard-boil stage (250˚).
5. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
6. Slowing drizzle the syrup over the popcorn, tossing with the fork until it is well distributed.
7. Quickly, add the Jelly Belly beans and toss until mixed with the corn.
8. As soon as the mixture is cool enough to handle, spread some butter on your hands and quickly and gently shape it into 3-inch balls.
9. Let them stand on some wax paper until they are cool and no longer sticky.
10. Cut a 4” x 7” rectangle of wax paper and wrap a popcorn ball bringing together the long sides.
11. Twist wax paper and tie each end with a green or red bow.
Store them at room temperature.
Recipe only makes about 10 popcorn balls.
Please visit us at: http://www.bittermancandy.com OR Call us at: 816-531-3107 for all of your candy needs.
Get a 15% OFF COUPON (valid only on website) when you share with us what you did with your Jelly Beans Green Apple.